Pumpkin & Kale Pesto Zucchini Pasta
Our take on a kale pesto using hemp seeds instead of pine nuts and nutritional savoury flakes instead of parmesan, makes with an all round winner for dinner!
- 2 to 4 zucchinis (or any pasta of your choice)
- 2 cups kale - you could use green or purple!
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp nuritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 kent pumpkin
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut the pumpkin into wedges, pour over a little coconut oil, salt, pepper and fennel seeds.
- Lay onto a tray lined with banking paper and roast for 30 mins or until nicely caramelised.
- Place the kale, basil, hemp seeds, garlic, savoury flakes, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor or nutribullet. Blitz until blended. Add a little water if needed. Season to taste.
- Blanch the zucchini noodles in a little boiling water for a minute or two to soften, then drain.
- Stir pesto through the zucchini noodles and serve with roasted pumpkin and some extra greens.
-- Nutra Organics --